Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Toulouse




Last weekend, Katy, Eric and I ventured down to the Ville Rose (or "Pink City").   Maybe I'm getting too used to Limoges but I was in love with Toulouse the moment I figured out it was pink for real. All of it.  Toulouse has the energy of a city lively with University students, and close to Spain and the to the sea. If anyone out there's thinking of studying abroad in France...this would be my absolute first choice for you.


Saturday we ate lunch at a place recommended by the NY Times in the little old quarter of Toulouse.  We got a set two course meal with wine for eleven euros. Oh but we had to order the fois gras as a second shared appetizer (yeah I'm into that stuff now). The main course was some sort of fish concoction that we found out later (luckily) was shark. I may or may not have mercury poisoning down the road. 








So cold even the moving fountain water froze. 


The Cuban festival?

All I want when it's cold out is a huge big coffee or latte or hot chocolate. The word "huge" in France means the size of a normal (small) mug for us. I resort to always ordering cappuccinos because they come in the biggest cups. And they come with scoops of cream and chantilly on the top. I need endless warmth and goodness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment